There’s some fascinating stuff over at How Do regarding the conception of the new logo, which has been given a rather mixed reception.
Since my media nodes, and time, are naturally limited I failed to get any sort of inside scoop, but How Do reports a number of interesting factoids, including:
• Finch was originally to be awarded the pitch without it being put out to tender, resulting in some understandable consternation from other agencies in the region
• A second pitching stage saw three agencies bidding for the roll-out of the branding and launch, using the logo already designed by Finch
• An original strapline reading ‘Alive with Imagination’ was removed when it met with ‘a pretty poor reception from everyone unfortunate enough to have seen it’
• A number of companies competed for various components of the brief, which seems bafflingly complicated
• Phil Redmond has had nothing to do with the branding. He is apparently in a huff after disagreeing with the direction of the branding